Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Howard Goes To Track and Field

Well, I know you've all been patiently waiting for a new Howard adventure. I had thought I would wait until he started his World Tour, but since that's on hold for another week, I took Howard to our school's Track and Field day.

Howard and I were a bit late getting there this morning (boy that Gumble can be difficult to get moving in the morning!!). So by the time we got to the school, the first race was already in full swing.



This is my daughter winning the 1500 meter race. A good start to the day!

Right after that, my son, Howard and I went to Shotput.


Howard looks a little nervous, don't you think? I wonder why that would be??



Oh no!!

Poor, poor Howard. Who knew Gumbles could fly?

Well, after that, Howard took a well deserved rest in the shade.


But there's no rest for the weary on Track and Field day, and soon we were off to Long Jump




Then Triple Jump



And after all that hard work, Howard rests in the shade again with all his ribbons



Actually, they're my daughters. All 7 of them. ;)

Well, that's Howard's wonderful day at Track and Field. All in all (other than the Shot Put) he had a good day. Lots of fun and sunshine!

Check back soon for another Howard Adventure

Have a Gumbly Day!

Deon

10 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Poor Howard!

Sid said...

It's a good thing gumbles are soft, I guess. Manny has the shivers from the whole idea (I don't think he's as outdoorsy and adventurous as Howard).

Unique & Useful Purses & Totes at www.sidquilts.etsy.com

BeadedTail said...

Can't wait to see where Howard goes next!

Rosebud Collection said...

Congratulations to your daughter..great job..Have to admit, that Howard sure gets involved with everything..daring little guy.

Beadin By The Sea said...

Never leave home without Howard. What a great companion to have, so cute and probably never complains!

Bubbles said...

Its the first time I've visited your blog and love your gumbles adventures :).

Poor howard though, hope you bandaged his head afterwards :)

Unknown said...

That is too much fun! :) I can't wait til he gets here so we can do silly stuff together!

BTW, I noticed you don't have a link to my blog on yours. I have one for you on mine.

*hint, hint, wink, wink*

& mine even shows off that amazing banner you made!

Tam, I am said...

Looks like Howard had a good time!

Fabiana Fusco - creazione gioielli said...

well,well...I wonder if Howard is able to swimm too, maybe in Trevi's fountain when he'll arrive in Rome...don't worry I'm joking!! have a nice day
cerapersa

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a fun day!! Howard is blessed to have so much talent and love around him. :)

hit counters hit counters