Sunday, April 13, 2008

Howard At The Mission


Every other Saturday, my family and I spend the day at Morningstar Mission. This is a local soup-kitchen type organization, where we help the local disadvantaged through meals, monetary support, counsellings and more. It's a wonderful organization started by my good friend and former Deacon. I am now the Volunteer Coordinator there and yesterday was my day to cook. Of course, Howard had to come along to help!

He was a bit scared at first, but found a nice little hiding spot in the mailbox.



But, after a little coaxing, he came out to supervise. Here he is, taking a look around the Mission at our new dining room set up. It met with his approval, luckily.


Of course, he had to check the coffee table to be sure we were well stocked. He got a bit distracted by the sugar, though. ;)



As everyone knows, Gumbles love music! One of the first things Howard found was the piano. He's a wonderfully talented pianist!


There was one scary moment when I couldn't find Howard anywhere! Luckily, after a frantic search, I found him hiding in a box of soup mix.


After one final check on my soup making skills



Howard takes a well deserved rest with my husband.



All in all, Howard had a wonderful day!

Check back soon to see where Howard goes next!

Have a Gumbly Day!

11 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

Howard, I'm so glad you did not fall into the soup this time!

xx Tia

Unknown said...

haha I love it. its also commendable that yall volunteer each weekend.

ReneeBuchananArt said...

Hilarious! Can he come to my house and cook the side dishes? I'll be sure to play his favorite tunes :)

Rosebud Collection said...

I had to put Murder She Wrote on hold..wanted to get the scoop on Gumbles...Thanks for the update..now back to Jessica...

RedMarionette said...

Amusing to read!! It is so cute that he has adventures! Love this idea you have!

OMB said...

Great that Howard had a good time tagging along with you. We need more people like you in this world and more Howards too!!!

Sarah McBride said...

wow, howard is such a good citizen!
very cute blog, I love reading about the continued adventures of howard.

UniqueNurseGranny said...

I think it was a good experience for
Howard to learn to help the disadvantaged.Heard that he playes some mean jazz?

Jennifer said...

Howard is so cute at the mission. He ought to be careful around that hot soup! Again, a great kid's story in the making I think!

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

Howard you shouldn't sleep in the soup mix box, you might end up being boiled in the stew!

When are you coming over to Wales to learn to hula hoop?

Blooming Lily said...

I love your blog! Seriously! It makes me smile everytime!!

hit counters hit counters