Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Today's Featured Seller - Melissa Lund


I've decided that I want to feature new Etsians and those with less than 10 sales. It's nice to be able to help those who are just starting out. So, in a thread started by someone else (I can't for the life of me remember who!) I offered my blog as a vehicle to those who fit that catagory.

The response was AMAZING!
I'm working my way through the list. First is Mellisa Lund Photography. I have to say, even if this shop didn't fit the catagory I was looking for, I would have featured her anyway. The work in here is fantastic!! I love photography. I can't take a decent picture for love nor money, so I'm always in awe of the talent of those who can.

But enough of my babbling. On to the good stuff! As always I asked Melissa my interview questions. Here is what she had to say.

Who are you and where are you from?
Melissa Lund - Artist, Designer, Photographer. I moved from Michigan to Oregon three years ago.

What inspires you?
Music really inspires me. I love to work in my studio and listen to music that reflects the mood I’m in. It really helps me with the creative process. Color and beautiful paper also inspire me.
What is your favourite item in your shop and why?
One of my favorite items is my Bouquet of Buttons photograph. It is so pretty and whimsical.



If the world could only know one thing about you, what would that be?
I can’t whistle…

Now just a few fun questions
If you were colour, what colour would you be and why?
RED because it is such a strong, bold color.

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Scrambled eggs with black olives, cheese and turkey – and a little salsa on top
What is the strangest pet you've ever owned?
I have owned 5 cats and 1 dog….not at the same time. Right now I have a female cat that is a calico tiger. I hear that this is an unusual combination.
Here are just a few of my favourites from her shop.
Barn Windows - Original Signed Fine Art Photograph



Yellow Rose



Ballet Slippers One

As you can see, Melissa is a very talented photographer! I encourage you to click on her banner at the top of the page to go to her shop and take a look around. I promise you, you won't be disappointed!
Come back tomorrow to see my next featured shop.
Have a Gumbly Day!

4 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

VERY pretty photographs. I'm off to check out her shop!

xx Tia

Sarah McBride said...

what a great idea!
her photos are beautiful! great choice.

Liz said...

what a lovely idea! love her work great photos

M Dawson said...

Thanks for showing us a wonderful Etsian! Such lovely pictures.

hit counters hit counters