Sunday, April 6, 2008

Howard's First Trip

Welcome to the very first installment of Howard The Travelling Gumble! As everyone knows, Gumbles are a very shy creature, so having Howard out and about is a huge step for him. Be sure to stop by every day to see where Howard has been.

It was tough getting Howard out of the house for his first adventure. We had to take it very slow. Here he is sitting by the steering wheel of my van, getting up his nerve for his very first car ride.

As you can see, he was a little bit nervous and unsure. But he was very brave and made it all the way to WalMart!


Unfortunately, we weren't able to take photo's of Howard in WalMart. But, he did have a lot of fun. He found new plants to hide in, which I think was the true highlight of his day!

Howard did find something yesterday that he absolutely loved. French Fries! Who knew Gumbles were junk food addicts?


Here he is, posing with his lunch

Howard's good friend Gigi decided to come along with us yesterday as moral support. Root beer anyone?



All in all, it was a very exciting day for both of them. But in the end, it was too much. Gigi was frightened by all the new sights and sounds and dove into a fry container to hide.



And Howard found comfort in my purse.



That ends Howards adventures for today. Where will he be tomorrow???

Have a Gumbly Day!

14 comments:

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

If Howard ever fancies a trip to the UK we would be happy to put him up for a few days and show him the sights :)

Home Of The Gumbles said...

automous, I may just have to take you up on that. I'm working on setting up a world tour for Howard!

Robin Lynne said...

The junk food turned him PURPLE?! ... Or is he purple? Because he looks gray. Way to go Howard! He looks adorable sippin' on some carbonation :)

I had a doll I did this with, once. His name was JonJon.

he looked like this, but all my pictures with him got eaten by Yahoo photos :(

http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/9531/korn2sk.gif

Home Of The Gumbles said...

Ha! No it didn't turn him purple. That's Gigi, Howard's close, personal friend. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes good question, did the junk food turn him purple? Howard looks so cute hiding out in the french fry container. Will we see him working off that fast food lunch? I's like to see Howard on a tread mill! Better than seeing myself on one :)

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

I'm sure if he came to visit us we could take him on a giant adventure. I'd make sure he sent detailed emails and photos home :)

Just convo me (skully) on Etsy if he needs the address, or picking up from the airport ;)

I Dig This Life said...

lol very good :)

John said...

Ah poor Howard... being pushed out of his comfort zone. Howard needs one of those invisibility cloaks ! LOL

Sygnet Creations said...

OMG howard is soo cute!!

Unknown said...

LOL GO HOWARD!! It looks like he head a great time :)

If he's ever in NC, have him stop by!

Heather Buchanan said...

Oh my, isn't Howard the handsome adventurer! He can sure eat a whole lot of fries for such a little critter.

Fantastic.

Unknown said...

ROTFLMAO! Howard, rocks!

Cheryl said...

What a little journey man! I'm so proud of Howard! Big steps for such a little guy.

animeg said...

Howard is braver than me

hit counters hit counters